Galdin Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Absolute Best RP Ever Definitely

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ah, new beginnings [ Cecilia / Adelo ]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
pache

pache

Character sheet
Name: Cecilia Lostara
Race: Human
Class: Knight

Ah, new beginnings [ Cecilia / Adelo ] Empty
PostSubject: Ah, new beginnings [ Cecilia / Adelo ]   Ah, new beginnings [ Cecilia / Adelo ] EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 10:37 pm

She struggled a bit finding the word, but eventually Cecilia did get to ask where the guild's library was. Admittedly, she struggled more than a bit finding her way there, but she did get inside, not bothering to know what time it was. She doesn't really want to know how long she took to get to the... library.

The knight had come here to look for clues. Following the advice of a historian friend back in Amadiah, she had come to research anything she can find on a 'deep dark fog.' It's the only clue she could find, her only memory when she woke up from a very long slumber two years ago.

She reached out, grasping for the formless substance, entering the deep, dark fog.

Cecilia finds a few books, passively mentioning a very old tale. An ancient kingdom, grand and powerful, prosperous and looked up upon by all. One day, this kingdom was enveloped by a deep, dark fog. It ends there, however, and the knight tries to flip pages and find more related passages to no avail. A sigh, and she closes the last book on her table.

Granted, she does have a limited knowledge of the language these books were written in, but Cecilia was confident that she could read enough to know that she didn't miss anything important.

The knight leans back and rocks her chair, idly wondering what time it is. It's probably late. She was about to stand up and start putting the books back when the library door opened and in came her bard teammate. Cecilia gives him a cheerful smile and waves.
Back to top Go down
Pingchow

Pingchow

Character sheet
Name: Adelo Ley Osdela
Class: Bard

PostSubject: Re: Ah, new beginnings [ Cecilia / Adelo ]   Ah, new beginnings [ Cecilia / Adelo ] EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 12:31 pm

Adelo had no idea where he was. He had decided to take a stroll around the Guild Hall to get better acquainted with his new home, but he ended up only getting lost. What else was new? He had entered every room he encountered, and even found himself in guildmate's rooms. After a few scoldings and going around in circles for what felt like hours, he found himself in the guild library... Where his knight in shining armor was waiting. He smiled and returned her wave as he approached.

"Ahh... Thank goodness. It's nice to see a familiar face. I got a bit lost back there. This place is much bigger than it looks on the outside! Architecture is interesting, isn't it?" He nodded and laughed to himself quietly. He peaked over Cecilia's shoulder to look at the book she had just returned to it's shelf. "What were you reading, Cecil? Researching some new defending stances?"

He smiled as he removed the book from it's shelf to take a look for himself. He flipped through a few pages and the story clicked in his mind. "Ah!" He looked to Cecil with an excited expression. "I know this story. It's very old... My mom used to tell me this story when I was little. I always thought it was so mysterious... What did you think?"
Back to top Go down
pache

pache

Character sheet
Name: Cecilia Lostara
Class: Knight

PostSubject: Re: Ah, new beginnings [ Cecilia / Adelo ]   Ah, new beginnings [ Cecilia / Adelo ] EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 11:21 pm

"E-eh? What do you mean you got a bit lost?" He's lost? Is he saying he's lost. This... this is bad. Now that she thinks about it, she'll probably have a hard time getting back to her own room. It's like they both need their own personal tiny Alisa to guide them around. She got thinking a while, and realizes that she let out a soft giggle at the image. A small cough.

"Ahaha, I think studying defensive stances would be better done in the training grounds." Speaking of which, she should visit that place some time soon.

But then Adelo says something about knowing of the story--Cecilia's ears perk up, and he closes into him. "Tell me everything you know!" she exclaims, looking eager. A bard should be knowledgeable in stories.
Back to top Go down
Pingchow

Pingchow

Character sheet
Name: Adelo Ley Osdela
Class: Bard

PostSubject: Re: Ah, new beginnings [ Cecilia / Adelo ]   Ah, new beginnings [ Cecilia / Adelo ] EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 11:06 pm

"Hm..? Ah, yes, of course..." He was a little caught off guard by her sudden enthusiastic interest, but he loved to see someone interested in a good story. As a bard, he was an entertainer. He took pride in his story telling, and even found ways to spice it up with a little dose of magic... As his friend would soon see.

The Tale of the Lost

Adelo reached for his mandolin and began to pluck the strings softly, setting the scene. Though, the music that hit the girl's ears was much more full than one would expect from a single instrument. It was as if an entire band were playing the somber melody to her and her alone. A mist appeared in front of Cecil and from it a miniature city emerged. It looked large and successful... Then Adelo began his tale.

"There is a story of a long forgotten city... It was prosperous, and the residents were happy." The city spun into the shape of two people laughing and trading goods. "It seemed that all was well, but one day the city was enveloped in a thick fog... The city vanished, and it's people along with it." The smokey figured began to panic and eventually disappeared into the mist. "But what the story books don't tell you, is the rumor that a powerful wizard cast a curse on the city..." The figure of a man in a wizard's hat appeared from the mist and he began to cackle like an evil villain. "They say he created a spell powerful enough to wipe out the entire city... But for what?" Adelo finished his song and the mist dispersed. "Well, we just don't know."

He smiled to his friend and returned the mandolin to his back. "Unfortunately, that's all I know. Honestly, I am a bit intrigued by the story myself... I'm always trying to find out the missing pieces. Some people say that the city is just a part of a made up story, but..." Adelo brought his hand to his chest and closed his eyes. "I feel like it was real... It had to have been, ya know? Perhaps on our journey we can discover the truth... Whaddya say, partner?"

Adelo opened his eyes and smiled. He offered his hand the knight and nodded enthusiastically. With another curious soul, he may be able to find the truth behind the story... Though Cecil seemed even more determined. Perhaps she had a connection to the story like he did. His mother seemed so close to the tale... But he never knew why. Perhaps investigating with Cecil would lead him to not only answers to the mystery of that lost city, but to the secret life of his mother as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ah, new beginnings [ Cecilia / Adelo ]   Ah, new beginnings [ Cecilia / Adelo ] Empty

Back to top Go down

Ah, new beginnings [ Cecilia / Adelo ]
Page 1 of 1