Galdin Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Absolute Best RP Ever Definitely

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome to Galdin, travelers!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
pache

pache

Character sheet
Name: Cecilia Lostara
Race: Human
Class: Knight

Welcome to Galdin, travelers! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Galdin, travelers!   Welcome to Galdin, travelers! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 19, 2014 10:25 pm

Ezri wrote:
The other two members of the team arrived, and Alisa immediately turned to face them.  The moment everyone's introductions introductions were through she began: "Where have you been?! The other teams have probably all left by now!  You--" Alisa abruptly bit her lip, stopping herself before she got too heated, then sighed.  They were still on the clock, and all hope was not lost just yet.  

Not feeling like there was time for more handshakes, Alisa settled for a quick curtsy. "My name is Alisa Kastner. Let's all do our best!" she said as she looked back up towards the final members of their group, examining them curiously.  They were...tall, one being exactly what you'd expect a hero to look like and one the complete opposite. While she was frustrated with their inability to make it to the meeting place on time, at least they were nice. (Unlike Mr. Mori over there -- he was lucky Sveta had told him off before Alisa had gotten a chance.)

She cleared her throat, and everyone's eyes were on her again.  She stood up straighter. "We can still catch up.  I know where the entrance to the sewers is." she announced, sounding more confident than she felt.  Alisa neglected to mention that she had never really gone there, per say; it wasn't in the nicest part of town, and pretty much everyone she'd ever met had told her to stay away from the place if she could manage.  Still, she knew where it was. "Just follow me, and don't you dare get lost or I'm leaving you behind!"

With that said, she turned around and began walking briskly towards their destination, glancing back once or twice to make sure everyone was still there.  She wasn't sure how she'd ended up in this position, but she was certain that she wasn't going to fail them; they'd be there before they knew it!

Cecilia nods as she's etched each of these new acquaintances' faces and names into her memory, hoping in her heart that she will never forget them.

The sleepy Adelo, friendly and perhaps spacier than ever her; the grumpy Mori, shady-looking and suspicious, but Cecilia has faith that there's good in him; the charming Sveta, an energetic and cheerful half-elf; and the reliable-looking Alisa. Of course, these are all merely first impressions, but Cecilia hopes to get to know them more.

She puts up her fingers to her mouth to cover a soft laugh. Being in a group of adventurers, this all somehow feels... nostalgic. When they look back at her laughing, she smiles gently at each of them. "Let's do our best."

Cecilia follows close as Alisa leads the way to the sewers. Especially close to Alisa, to make sure that she won't lose the leader and consequently lose her way, and to be near the front when danger hits.
Back to top Go down
Pingchow

Pingchow

Character sheet
Name: Adelo Ley Osdela
Class: Bard

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Galdin, travelers!   Welcome to Galdin, travelers! - Page 2 EmptyTue May 20, 2014 5:29 pm

pache wrote:
Cecilia nods as she's etched each of these new acquaintances' faces and names into her memory, hoping in her heart that she will never forget them.

The sleepy Adelo, friendly and perhaps spacier than ever her; the grumpy Mori, shady-looking and suspicious, but Cecilia has faith that there's good in him; the charming Sveta, an energetic and cheerful half-elf; and the reliable-looking Alisa. Of course, these are all merely first impressions, but Cecilia hopes to get to know them more.

She puts up her fingers to her mouth to cover a soft laugh. Being in a group of adventurers, this all somehow feels... nostalgic. When they look back at her laughing, she smiles gently at each of them. "Let's do our best."

Cecilia follows close as Alisa leads the way to the sewers. Especially close to Alisa, to make sure that she won't lose the leader and consequently lose her way, and to be near the front when danger hits.

Adelo was a bit taken aback by the suspicious boy's comments, but he didn't let it bother him too much. Perhaps he was just having a rough day? It happened to the best of 'em... "Ah, I'll make sure not to make that mistake again in the future, pal." He looked around at his other teammates and smiled. It seemed like this would be a fun group to go on this quest with... Although he wasn't entirely sure who was who. Sveta was the little blonde human, right? Well, no matter. Adelo was sure he would get it eventually.

The bard scratched his head and looked at the daunting entrance to their test. It seemed pretty big to just be the entrance to the sewers... Ah, well. Perhaps they should think of a way to make it smaller... Maybe then the monsters won't come in and steal guild seals? Adelo reached for his mandolin and smiled at the others.

"So, this is it, huh? Looks like we made it right on time." He strummed the strings and closed his eyes. He always enjoyed that sound, even when it was a little off. He tuned his mandolin and strummed again. Perfect. "I'll do my best to support everyone out there, yeah? Heh, I may not look like much... But try not to worry too much about me, alright?"
Back to top Go down
Paolo de Pazzi

Paolo de Pazzi

Character sheet
Name: Mori Corvus
Class: Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Galdin, travelers!   Welcome to Galdin, travelers! - Page 2 EmptyTue May 20, 2014 6:16 pm

Pingchow wrote:
pache wrote:

Adelo was a bit taken aback by the suspicious boy's comments, but he didn't let it bother him too much. Perhaps he was just having a rough day? It happened to the best of 'em... "Ah, I'll make sure not to make that mistake again in the future, pal." He looked around at his other teammates and smiled. It seemed like this would be a fun group to go on this quest with... Although he wasn't entirely sure who was who. Sveta was the little blonde human, right? Well, no matter. Adelo was sure he would get it eventually.

The bard scratched his head and looked at the daunting entrance to their test. It seemed pretty big to just be the entrance to the sewers... Ah, well. Perhaps they should think of a way to make it smaller... Maybe then the monsters won't come in and steal guild seals? Adelo reached for his mandolin and smiled at the others.

"So, this is it, huh? Looks like we made it right on time." He strummed the strings and closed his eyes. He always enjoyed that sound, even when it was a little off. He tuned his mandolin and strummed again. Perfect. "I'll do my best to support everyone out there, yeah? Heh, I may not look like much... But try not to worry too much about me, alright?"

"Sounds like the chihuahua has a death wish. Keep it up, elf. See what happens."

Ah, there it was. Nothing like a good death threat to test the waters. It was a surprise that the guts came from the tiny elf. Mori would have to keep a close eye on this one. There was no doubting that there was something else about her. For someone so small to speak up to someone who could easily put her into an endless sleep was... almost admirable. Almost.

His attention was directed to the blonde girl, who had suddenly become more of an asset than the rest of the team. Knowledge of the area was bound to be a plus, although if that knowledge spanned a layout of the sewers was yet to be seen. A strange sort of leadership resonated in Alisa's wake as she marched off.

No, it wasn't leadership. She wouldn't be a leader. Mori would tear his arm off before letting her give him orders. Yet, he found himself following at the back, making sure no one walked off. It suited him to be behind everyone else. Cecilia seemed best suited to close range encounters. Sveta and Alisa had yet to show what sort of combat potential they had, if there was any to be had at all. And the slacker...? At the very least, he'd make a good meat shield.

At the entrance to the sewers, they stopped. If this place was anything like he believe it was, he would feel right at home.

"...So, unless anyone has any other ideas, we'll take a simple approach. Obviously, the easiest way to do this would be for you all to wait out here for me while I take our objective. And obviously, the little pixie's not going to like that."

A swift glance at the half-elf. Yeah. That one was for you.

"Second plan is to have close combat move in first. Alisa, Pointy Ears, and Half Time can follow up after Cecilia, and I'll cover the rear."

Wow, Mori.

"And finally, if you're as sick of me as much as I'm sick of all of you, then you four can group together and travel as one while I keep my distance and give long range fire. Take your pick and do it quickly. I'm not standing out here for long."
Back to top Go down
bunnibelle

bunnibelle

Character sheet
Name: Sveta Alakev
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Celestial Mage

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Galdin, travelers!   Welcome to Galdin, travelers! - Page 2 EmptyTue May 20, 2014 9:25 pm

Paolo de Pazzi wrote:
Pingchow wrote:
pache wrote:

"Sounds like the chihuahua has a death wish. Keep it up, elf. See what happens."

Ah, there it was. Nothing like a good death threat to test the waters. It was a surprise that the guts came from the tiny elf. Mori would have to keep a close eye on this one. There was no doubting that there was something else about her. For someone so small to speak up to someone who could easily put her into an endless sleep was... almost admirable. Almost.

His attention was directed to the blonde girl, who had suddenly become more of an asset than the rest of the team. Knowledge of the area was bound to be a plus, although if that knowledge spanned a layout of the sewers was yet to be seen. A strange sort of leadership resonated in Alisa's wake as she marched off.

No, it wasn't leadership. She wouldn't be a leader. Mori would tear his arm off before letting her give him orders. Yet, he found himself following at the back, making sure no one walked off. It suited him to be behind everyone else. Cecilia seemed best suited to close range encounters. Sveta and Alisa had yet to show what sort of combat potential they had, if there was any to be had at all. And the slacker...? At the very least, he'd make a good meat shield.

At the entrance to the sewers, they stopped. If this place was anything like he believe it was, he would feel right at home.

"...So, unless anyone has any other ideas, we'll take a simple approach. Obviously, the easiest way to do this would be for you all to wait out here for me while I take our objective. And obviously, the little pixie's not going to like that."

"Second plan is to have close combat move in first. Alisa, Pointy Ears, and Half Time can follow up after Cecilia, and I'll cover the rear."

Wow, Mori.

"And finally, if you're as sick of me as much as I'm sick of all of you, then you four can group together and travel as one while I keep my distance and give long range fire. Take your pick and do it quickly. I'm not standing out here for long."

The star did not take kindly to their vessel being threatened.. Sveta remained silent for a while, only giving him a harsh glare before the team was off to see the sewers. Sveta's walking slowed, just keeping up with the hooded boy. As the girl reached his side, she gently tugged on his cloak to pull him aside for just a few seconds.

She looked up at him, her eyes almost seeming to flicker. Her expression was uncharacteristically vitriolic. Even her voice barely seemed like it was her own.

"That was the first and last time you will threaten me with death, boy. Quiet down, or I'll silence you myself."

Her expression softened again.

"Let's just get this over with so we never have to deal with each other again. Sound good? I'm glad we had this talk." Without waiting for a response, she caught up with the rest of the group with a smile on her face. She walked by Alisa's side as they got closer to their destination. As she chatted with the girl, she seemed to keep an eye on the boy that trailed away from the group.

"So you live here, I presume? What kind of stuff could be down in the sewer to make it so dangerous? Oh oh, do you have rat men here? I've read about them, they're so creepy!" Idle conversation was not particularly useful, but good. While the hooded brat sucked, the rest of her team seemed really cool to her. The bard and the knight intrigued her, but seemed a little spacey. That was alright, she liked spacey.

They found themselves in a shady part of town as they stood at the entrance of the sewers. Gross. This was not really her idea of fun, but she could get used to it.

Of course, a moment of silence would be too much to ask for. Immediately, Mori started barking orders. Sveta crossed her arms as she listened. The plan was solid enough. However, the hilarious nicknames got old fast. Her glares stabbed directly into his eyes.

"Alright, that seems like a good plan. I'll stay close to the back, but I'll try and stay close enough to mend any wounds. Medical magic is my specialty, after all."  Sveta said, looking down at the entrance as she drew her wand from her belt.

'Are you really ready for this?'
Back to top Go down
Ezri
Admin
Ezri

Character sheet
Name: Alisa Kastner
Class: Alchemist

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Galdin, travelers!   Welcome to Galdin, travelers! - Page 2 EmptyTue May 20, 2014 11:39 pm

bunnibelle wrote:
Paolo de Pazzi wrote:
Pingchow wrote:
pache wrote:

Wow, Mori.

The star did not take kindly to their vessel being threatened.. Sveta remained silent for a while, only giving him a harsh glare before the team was off to see the sewers. Sveta's walking slowed, just keeping up with the hooded boy. As the girl reached his side, she gently tugged on his cloak to pull him aside for just a few seconds.

She looked up at him, her eyes almost seeming to flicker. Her expression was uncharacteristically vitriolic. Even her voice barely seemed like it was her own.

"That was the first and last time you will threaten me with death, boy. Quiet down, or I'll silence you myself."

Her expression softened again.

"Let's just get this over with so we never have to deal with each other again. Sound good? I'm glad we had this talk." Without waiting for a response, she caught up with the rest of the group with a smile on her face. She walked by Alisa's side as they got closer to their destination. As she chatted with the girl, she seemed to keep an eye on the boy that trailed away from the group.

"So you live here, I presume? What kind of stuff could be down in the sewer to make it so dangerous? Oh oh, do you have rat men here? I've read about them, they're so creepy!" Idle conversation was not particularly useful, but good. While the hooded brat sucked, the rest of her team seemed really cool to her. The bard and the knight intrigued her, but seemed a little spacey. That was alright, she liked spacey.

They found themselves in a shady part of town as they stood at the entrance of the sewers. Gross. This was not really her idea of fun, but she could get used to it.

Of course, a moment of silence would be too much to ask for. Immediately, Mori started barking orders. Sveta crossed her arms as she listened. The plan was solid enough. However, the hilarious nicknames got old fast. Her glares stabbed directly into his eyes.

"Alright, that seems like a good plan. I'll stay close to the back, but I'll try and stay close enough to mend any wounds. Medical magic is my specialty, after all."  Sveta said, looking down at the entrance as she drew her wand from her belt.

'Are you really ready for this?'

Alisa wasn't too talkative during the walk to the sewers, as she was focused on making sure they were taking the most efficient path possible. It was kind of hard to ignore direct questions, though.  "Ah, yeah, I've lived here my whole life." Alisa admitted with an awkward laugh in response to the half-elf's impromptu interview.  She didn't really know how to answer Sveta's other questions, which was pretty embarrassing considering the statement she'd just made, but it seemed like she didn't really have to.  The girl could carry on a conversation all by herself.  As she glanced around to make sure everyone was still there, she was met with smiles from all but one direction.  While her nerves were certainly not the best, this did make her feel a little better, and she nodded back.

They arrived at the sewers in pretty good time, and she thought back to all of the people who had warned her to stay away from this place. Just looking at the outside, she felt like she understood why.  She frowned at Mori's outburst, increasingly annoyed with his attitude, and pointed firmly up at his nose, looking as intimidating as she could despite her stature. "Who died and made you king?! I think 'plan two' is just fine, but you don't have to act so high-and-mighty about it!"

With that done, Alisa faced everyone, and despite their troubles she looked up at them with determination. They were weird, but she was counting on them to get through this together. "If everyone's okay with that, we should get going! I'll help out as much as I can." She said, her right hand hovering above one of the bottles on her belt as she stepped aside to let Cecilia lead the way.
Back to top Go down
https://thegaldinguild.forumotion.com
pache

pache

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Galdin, travelers!   Welcome to Galdin, travelers! - Page 2 EmptyTue May 20, 2014 11:57 pm

Ezri wrote:
Alisa wasn't too talkative during the walk to the sewers, as she was focused on making sure they were taking the most efficient path possible. It was kind of hard to ignore direct questions, though.  "Ah, yeah, I've lived here my whole life." Alisa admitted with an awkward laugh in response to the half-elf's impromptu interview.  She didn't really know how to answer Sveta's other questions, which was pretty embarrassing considering the statement she'd just made, but it seemed like she didn't really have to.  The girl could carry on a conversation all by herself.  As she glanced around to make sure everyone was still there, she was met with smiles from all but one direction.  While her nerves were certainly not the best, this did make her feel a little better, and she nodded back.

They arrived at the sewers in pretty good time, and she thought back to all of the people who had warned her to stay away from this place. Just looking at the outside, she felt like she understood why.  She frowned at Mori's outburst, increasingly annoyed with his attitude, and pointed firmly up at his nose, looking as intimidating as she could despite her stature. "Who died and made you king?! I think 'plan two' is just fine, but you don't have to act so high-and-mighty about it!"

With that done, Alisa faced everyone, and despite their troubles she looked up at them with determination. They were weird, but she was counting on them to get through this together. "If everyone's okay with that, we should get going! I'll help out as much as I can." She said, her right hand hovering above one of the bottles on her belt as she stepped aside to let Cecilia lead the way.

They're all stuck with each other if they want to be part of this guild so it'd be best if all of them went into good relations, but Mori doesn't seem interested in going that direction. Cecilia does hope that he'll warm up someday. Maybe icy heart just needs warm smile!

The sewers felt and smelled exactly as one would imagine. A slimy-feeling darkness, wet and skittering with rats. This wasn't exactly the debut adventure most aspiring adventurers imagined, though.

Alisa steps aside, apparently intending Cecilia lead the way. While the knight does understand why she should be leading, it... might not be a good idea. Granted, they'd probably still just wander around the sewers regardless of who's leading so it might not matter much, best for the sturdiest of them to lead the way.

"Um." She scratches her cheek and regards Alisa. "Make sure you remember the path we'll be going through, alright?" Then she looks to the rest of the party.  "Someone light a torch to carry, or cast a light spell."

Cecilia unsheathes her sword and steps forward, shield ready for anything. "Let's make this quick."
Back to top Go down
Pingchow

Pingchow

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Galdin, travelers!   Welcome to Galdin, travelers! - Page 2 EmptyThu May 22, 2014 7:55 pm

The large gates of the sewer slowly opened and the entire crowd became tense. Adelo opened his mouth in awe and surprise. He looked to Cecil and nodded to her with a smile. "Lead the way, Cecil. I know you'll do great."

Galdin Sewers

Adelo followed behind Cecil as they entered the sewers. The floor underneath his feet was broken cobblestone with moss and other plant life growing out from underneath the tiles. The waterway glowed with a strange blue light that was most likely due to the disposal of magic waste. A few of the plants growing from the walls and floor glowed with the same light as the water.  Lanterns lined the tunnels powered by magical energy that took the form of blue flames. The tunnels shot off in a number of different directions making the system seem more like a labyrinth. The sewers seemed quiet... Almost too quiet; as if something was waiting for the adventurers.

Adelo looked around amazed. He had never seen anything like this... It hardly seemed like a sewer system at all. It wasn't dirty, and there seemed to be a noticeable amount of magical energy swirling throughout the place. Was this the result of too many magical items being wasted here, or something else... Adelo couldn't tell.

"I don't  believe I ever thought I would say this about sewers, but... It's beautiful here, don't you all think?" He took a step further in and spun around to see the entirety of the entrance. Other parties zoomed past and chose their own tunnels, but none of that seems to bother the bard. He smiled at his new friends and motioned down the tunnel. "Well, shall we go? This should be fun... There are so many possibilities."
Back to top Go down
Paolo de Pazzi

Paolo de Pazzi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Galdin, travelers!   Welcome to Galdin, travelers! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 23, 2014 4:59 pm

Pingchow wrote:
The large gates of the sewer slowly opened and the entire crowd became tense. Adelo opened his mouth in awe and surprise. He looked to Cecil and nodded to her with a smile. "Lead the way, Cecil. I know you'll do great."

Galdin Sewers

Adelo followed behind Cecil as they entered the sewers. The floor underneath his feet was broken cobblestone with moss and other plant life growing out from underneath the tiles. The waterway glowed with a strange blue light that was most likely due to the disposal of magic waste. A few of the plants growing from the walls and floor glowed with the same light as the water.  Lanterns lined the tunnels powered by magical energy that took the form of blue flames. The tunnels shot off in a number of different directions making the system seem more like a labyrinth. The sewers seemed quiet... Almost too quiet; as if something was waiting for the adventurers.

Adelo looked around amazed. He had never seen anything like this... It hardly seemed like a sewer system at all. It wasn't dirty, and there seemed to be a noticeable amount of magical energy swirling throughout the place. Was this the result of too many magical items being wasted here, or something else... Adelo couldn't tell.

"I don't  believe I ever thought I would say this about sewers, but... It's beautiful here, don't you all think?" He took a step further in and spun around to see the entirety of the entrance. Other parties zoomed past and chose their own tunnels, but none of that seems to bother the bard. He smiled at his new friends and motioned down the tunnel. "Well, shall we go? This should be fun... There are so many possibilities."

...Well, one of his teammates just became a hell of a lot more interesting. He would have to keep a close eye on that half-elf. Just where the hell did she get the fortitude to try and intimidate him? To answer a death threat with one of her own? Questions to be answered at a later date.

As the party entered the sewers, Mori took up the rear. It was close to what he expected it would be. Not exactly the place most people would want to stay, but the assassin felt at home under the glowing blue lanterns. Still, the sewers seemed empty. Other teams of adventurers were already choosing their paths. It took all of Mori's strength not to fire shots into their necks while their guard was down. It would have been so much easier to succeed if all the other teams had failed. However, he didn't want to show off his skills just yet. Better to keep everyone guessing. Still, entering this area without any prior knowledge would mean a heightened awareness. He needed to stay focused.

Easier said than done.

Mori ignored the needless commentary from the idiot musician. They were not here to admire the magical depths of the Galdin sewers. They were here to retrieve the guild crest. Whether or not it was on the path they were taking remained to be seen. In any case, that crest was going to paint a target on its owner's back. If worse came to worse, this sewer would end up as the final resting place of a lot of potential heroes.

"...Keep an eye out. I don't think monsters are the only things dying here today."
Back to top Go down
bunnibelle

bunnibelle

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Galdin, travelers!   Welcome to Galdin, travelers! - Page 2 EmptySat May 24, 2014 2:08 am

Paolo de Pazzi wrote:
Pingchow wrote:

Galdin Sewers

...Well, one of his teammates just became a hell of a lot more interesting. He would have to keep a close eye on that half-elf. Just where the hell did she get the fortitude to try and intimidate him? To answer a death threat with one of her own? Questions to be answered at a later date.

As the party entered the sewers, Mori took up the rear. It was close to what he expected it would be. Not exactly the place most people would want to stay, but the assassin felt at home under the glowing blue lanterns. Still, the sewers seemed empty. Other teams of adventurers were already choosing their paths. It took all of Mori's strength not to fire shots into their necks while their guard was down. It would have been so much easier to succeed if all the other teams had failed. However, he didn't want to show off his skills just yet. Better to keep everyone guessing. Still, entering this area without any prior knowledge would mean a heightened awareness. He needed to stay focused.

Easier said than done.

Mori ignored the needless commentary from the idiot musician. They were not here to admire the magical depths of the Galdin sewers. They were here to retrieve the guild crest. Whether or not it was on the path they were taking remained to be seen. In any case, that crest was going to paint a target on its owner's back. If worse came to worse, this sewer would end up as the final resting place of a lot of potential heroes.

"...Keep an eye out. I don't think monsters are the only things dying here today."

As they stepped down into the sewers, she noticed Cecil's nervousness at leading the team. Sveta could see just fine in the darkness, but it was hard to remember that others didn't have her low-light vision. The knights discomfort made her feel so bad, though...

Against her better judgement, she stood closely behind the girl. After a couple of seconds of concentration, a bright sparkling light began to form in her palm. The small glowing orb in her hand would light a large space around them, so she felt more comfortable falling back in the group after demonstrating it.

"We should use this sparingly." She said quietly, trying to avoid an echo bouncing through the tunnels of the sewer. Sveta closed her palm, showing that it only took a few seconds for the light to die completely.

"We wouldn't want to attract unwanted attention, yeah?" The glow flickered on again as her hand opened once more.

"We must move quickly...We're already late."

Back to top Go down
Ezri
Admin
Ezri

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Galdin, travelers!   Welcome to Galdin, travelers! - Page 2 EmptySat May 24, 2014 9:50 pm

bunnibelle wrote:

As they stepped down into the sewers, she noticed Cecil's nervousness at leading the team. Sveta could see just fine in the darkness, but it was hard to remember that others didn't have her low-light vision. The knights discomfort made her feel so bad, though...

Against her better judgement, she stood closely behind the girl. After a couple of seconds of concentration, a bright sparkling light began to form in her palm. The small glowing orb in her hand would light a large space around them, so she felt more comfortable falling back in the group after demonstrating it.

"We should use this sparingly." She said quietly, trying to avoid an echo bouncing through the tunnels of the sewer. Sveta closed her palm, showing that it only took a few seconds for the light to die completely.

"We wouldn't want to attract unwanted attention, yeah?" The glow flickered on again as her hand opened once more.

"We must move quickly...We're already late."

For someone so previously focused on their mission, Alisa was having a bit of a hard time concentrating now that they were actually inside the sewers.  Even her teammates' conversations were barely registering in her head.  The sewers looked way more beautiful than how she'd imagined, but even the aesthetics weren't at the forefront of her mind. Rather...

"I have to get some samples of this...!"

At first, she didn't realize that she'd said that out loud as she stopped and leaned a little closer to one of the small glowing plants creeping out from a crack in the wall.  Once she did realize, she jumped back into her place behind Adelo with a squeak, following him closely as if she'd never stopped.  No one saw that. Right? Right.

With a deep breath, she refocused on the task at hand.  Getting the crest back from whatever monstrosities awaited them was much more important than gathering weird plants right now, no matter how cool those plants might be.  Mori was right; they might have to worry about sabotage from the other teams on top of dealing with the monsters.  This would require their undivided attention.

That thought had put her on edge, and she realized how quiet the place actually was aside from their footsteps and the occasional sound of water dripping. "I thought we'd find something by now..." she whispered to the others, although she wasn't sure just how upset she should be about that.
Back to top Go down
pache

pache

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Galdin, travelers!   Welcome to Galdin, travelers! - Page 2 EmptySat May 24, 2014 10:26 pm

Ezri wrote:
For someone so previously focused on their mission, Alisa was having a bit of a hard time concentrating now that they were actually inside the sewers.  Even her teammates' conversations were barely registering in her head.  The sewers looked way more beautiful than how she'd imagined, but even the aesthetics weren't at the forefront of her mind. Rather...

"I have to get some samples of this...!"

At first, she didn't realize that she'd said that out loud as she stopped and leaned a little closer to one of the small glowing plants creeping out from a crack in the wall.  Once she did realize, she jumped back into her place behind Adelo with a squeak, following him closely as if she'd never stopped.  No one saw that. Right? Right.

With a deep breath, she refocused on the task at hand.  Getting the crest back from whatever monstrosities awaited them was much more important than gathering weird plants right now, no matter how cool those plants might be.  Mori was right; they might have to worry about sabotage from the other teams on top of dealing with the monsters.  This would require their undivided attention.

That thought had put her on edge, and she realized how quiet the place actually was aside from their footsteps and the occasional sound of water dripping. "I thought we'd find something by now..." she whispered to the others, although she wasn't sure just how upset she should be about that.

Probably unlike anyone's expectations, certainly not hers at least, the sewers looked nothing like it smelled outside. It looked nothing like the sewers. The place had a mystical, almost comfortable air around it, and it especially peaked the interest of Alisa.

Cecilia isn't about to trust the place though, and motions for them to stick together. With the sewers looking this different, she actually wasn't sure at all what kind of enemies they would be facing. Perhaps still the usual sewer-dwellers, but it's best to be sure. It is, after all, her duty to protect the others. The knight sharpens her senses, looking, listening for the enemy, searching for the slightest sign.

She can't sense them; it disturbs her. She was about to turn to Mori who seemed better at tracking enemies down, but that's when she heard a scream from somewhere, and the fighter's inborn instinct caused her to roll away in time, shield immediately raised when she went upright, to dodge something that plopped onto where she stood with a disgusting sound.

Slime! Cecilia looks up, and they start falling from the ceiling. She couldn't count how many there were, but she moves quickly to push the alchemist out of the way of one slime, and consequently catching it on her right leg, another on top of her shield. She can feel its teeth digging into her flesh, but without the tiniest hint of panic she yells out. "Fire spells!" Unfortunately, her physical attacks won't do much to the soft, bodiless creatures.
Back to top Go down
Pingchow

Pingchow

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Galdin, travelers!   Welcome to Galdin, travelers! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 28, 2014 9:40 pm

Adelo gracefully moved to the side as a slime landed next to him. "Oh my..." He flipped out a small notebook and began to take notes on the small disgusting creature. Adelo had taken to making his own 'Monster Guide' book while on his journey. He describes appearance, moves, and... how to beat them. He wrote down 'Fire Spells' and smirked as he slipped the small notebook into his pack.

"Fire spells...? I think I can handle that..." Adelo grabbed his mandolin and strummed sending sound throughout the tunnels. It echoed in the minds of all those near by, and suddenly the air became warm around them. "Flames of Hades, I call upon you... Crimson Ballad..." Adelo's voice echoed and flames appeared all around him. He picked at the strings effortlessly as the fire danced around him. The flames gathered into one and flew to the center of the group of slimes then... There was a moment of silence until--

BOOM

The flame exploded sending fireballs in the directions of the slime and catching them on fire. Adelo kept playing and looked around at his new friends. "Aha, it looks like that worked just fine. An expert call, Cecil..." He winked at her, then looked to Sveta and Alisa.

"I'll need a bit of time to recast... Buy me some time, won't you?"
Back to top Go down
Paolo de Pazzi

Paolo de Pazzi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Galdin, travelers!   Welcome to Galdin, travelers! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 28, 2014 11:52 pm

Pingchow wrote:
Adelo gracefully moved to the side as a slime landed next to him. "Oh my..." He flipped out a small notebook and began to take notes on the small disgusting creature. Adelo had taken to making his own 'Monster Guide' book while on his journey. He describes appearance, moves, and... how to beat them. He wrote down 'Fire Spells' and smirked as he slipped the small notebook into his pack.

"Fire spells...? I think I can handle that..." Adelo grabbed his mandolin and strummed sending sound throughout the tunnels. It echoed in the minds of all those near by, and suddenly the air became warm around them. "Flames of Hades, I call upon you... Crimson Ballad..." Adelo's voice echoed and flames appeared all around him.  He picked at the strings effortlessly as the fire danced around him. The flames gathered into one and flew to the center of the group of slimes then... There was a moment of silence until--

BOOM

The flame exploded sending fireballs in the directions of the slime and catching them on fire. Adelo kept playing and looked around at his new friends. "Aha, it looks like that worked just fine. An expert call, Cecil..." He winked at her, then looked to Sveta and Alisa.

Slimes.

Of all the things to encounter in a monster infested sewer, they just had to come across a group of these physically resistant creatures. As they fell from the ceiling, Mori took his opportunity to run into the darkness, breaking far enough away from the group to be at his most lethal. Here, he doubted any of his teammates could see where he was. Nothing around him could do him harm, either.

The assassin quickly pulled his sleeve up and let his metal arm meet the putrid air. Within seconds, his hand had folded up and narrowed itself, sinking into a hole where his wrist once was. At the same time, steel flipped from his forearm and rested at the edge of his limb, and his entire arm locked at the elbow. Crossbow arms flipped out into place, pulling a string between them until taut. He held the weapon up to aim at the easiest slime... only to hear the slacker's voice again.

Except this time, he was making himself useful.

A slow, powerful sound bounced around the sewers before an explosion lit the slimes ablaze. Mori could do nothing but stare in slack-jawed wonder. The pitiful bard controlled magic through music? He could actually contribute to the team's success?

...And then, an idea. His aim shifted to the ground near the slimes, and he muttered under his breath.

"Let's see what they can do with a distraction."

Mori fired a few bolts near his targets, rocking slightly backwards with the force of each shot. The skittering sounds of metal against the ground were hopefully enough to confuse the slimes and buy the team enough time for a second attack. It was a shot in the dark, but if it worked, he'd have one less reason to dislike these guys.
Back to top Go down
bunnibelle

bunnibelle

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Galdin, travelers!   Welcome to Galdin, travelers! - Page 2 EmptyThu May 29, 2014 2:00 am

Paolo de Pazzi wrote:
Pingchow wrote:

"Fire spells...? I think I can handle that..." Adelo grabbed his mandolin and strummed sending sound throughout the tunnels. It echoed in the minds of all those near by, and suddenly the air became warm around them. "Flames of Hades, I call upon you... Crimson Ballad..." Adelo's voice echoed and flames appeared all around him.  He picked at the strings effortlessly as the fire danced around him. The flames gathered into one and flew to the center of the group of slimes then... There was a moment of silence until--

BOOM

Slimes.

Of all the things to encounter in a monster infested sewer, they just had to come across a group of these physically resistant creatures. As they fell from the ceiling, Mori took his opportunity to run into the darkness, breaking far enough away from the group to be at his most lethal. Here, he doubted any of his teammates could see where he was. Nothing around him could do him harm, either.

The assassin quickly pulled his sleeve up and let his metal arm meet the putrid air. Within seconds, his hand had folded up and narrowed itself, sinking into a hole where his wrist once was. At the same time, steel flipped from his forearm and rested at the edge of his limb, and his entire arm locked at the elbow. Crossbow arms flipped out into place, pulling a string between them until taut. He held the weapon up to aim at the easiest slime... only to hear the slacker's voice again.

Except this time, he was making himself useful.

A slow, powerful sound bounced around the sewers before an explosion lit the slimes ablaze. Mori could do nothing but stare in slack-jawed wonder. The pitiful bard controlled magic through music? He could actually contribute to the team's success?

...And then, an idea. His aim shifted to the ground near the slimes, and he muttered under his breath.

"Let's see what they can do with a distraction."

Mori fired a few bolts near his targets, rocking slightly backwards with the force of each shot. The skittering sounds of metal against the ground were hopefully enough to confuse the slimes and buy the team enough time for a second attack. It was a shot in the dark, but if it worked, he'd have one less reason to dislike these guys.

Slimes?

Sveta grimaced at the wet flopping sounds the slimes made as they hit the ground and...Cecil. Fire spells? Sveta was about to prepare something, but the bard had it all covered. His music...It was powerful, in more ways than one. Sveta had to catch herself before she got too distracted by the dancing notes...

The girl grasped her wand as a flaming slime started wiggling and jiggling close to her. She didn't really feel threatened by it, but she took this time to re-position herself on the battlefield.

"Don't worry Adelo, I've got this!"

Energetic Blessing
The elf swung her wand around in a circle, a light purple circle filled with symbols and texts began to glow from beneath her and the rest of the team. It stayed dim for a moment, before Sveta jumped right into the middle of it. The circle's light became brighter and emitted sparkles, before eventually disappearing. The spell gave a feeling of bravery and strength to the team.

With the new burst of strength she felt, Sveta wanted badly to show off.

Her wand clasped between her hands, she spoke loud and clearly.

"O' righteous heavens, grant them thy immaculate purity...Heavenly Fire!"

After a small delay, pools of light formed on the ceiling just above the slimes, bringing down blinding light on them. The pillars brought the dimness of the sewers to almost perfectly bright for the few seconds they remained.

That might have been a little bit overkill...
Back to top Go down
Ezri
Admin
Ezri

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Galdin, travelers!   Welcome to Galdin, travelers! - Page 2 EmptyThu May 29, 2014 7:17 pm

bunnibelle wrote:

Slimes?

Sveta grimaced at the wet flopping sounds the slimes made as they hit the ground and...Cecil. Fire spells? Sveta was about to prepare something, but the bard had it all covered. His music...It was powerful, in more ways than one. Sveta had to catch herself before she got too distracted by the dancing notes...

The girl grasped her wand as a flaming slime started wiggling and jiggling close to her. She didn't really feel threatened by it, but she took this time to re-position herself on the battlefield.

"Don't worry Adelo, I've got this!"

Energetic Blessing
The elf swung her wand around in a circle, a light purple circle filled with symbols and texts began to glow from beneath her and the rest of the team. It stayed dim for a moment, before Sveta jumped right into the middle of it. The circle's light became brighter and emitted sparkles, before eventually disappearing. The spell gave a feeling of bravery and strength to the team.

With the new burst of strength she felt, Sveta wanted badly to show off.

Her wand clasped between her hands, she spoke loud and clearly.

"O' righteous heavens, grant them thy immaculate purity...Heavenly Fire!"

After a small delay, pools of light formed on the ceiling just above the slimes, bringing down blinding light on them. The pillars brought the dimness of the sewers to almost perfectly bright for the few seconds they remained.

That might have been a little bit overkill...
Thanks to Cecilia, Alisa had been pushed out of the danger zone.  She stayed close to the wall as Adelo and Sveta effectively lit probably every visible slime aflame, weakening them severely if not outright killing them.  The threat was nearly over already.  Honestly, she hadn't known what to expect from either of them, but after witnessing their skills Alisa was thoroughly impressed with her teammates.

Her attention was taken away from the main battle by a light skittering noise that stuck out from Adelo's madolin tune.  She watched the small group of remaining slimes ooze towards the sound, all burned and a few still burning but surprisingly stubborn.  Sensing an opportunity, she crept up on them slowly until she was close enough to get a decent shot and finally detached a flask from her belt, holding the cool glass bottle like a bomb.

"This should finish them off," Alisa mumbled before hurling the flask towards the monsters.  It landed in the middle of them ("Nice shot!" Alisa cheered silently to herself), the sound of broken glass followed by a small 'woosh' as the pool of liquid almost immediately burst into flame. In their weakened state the slimes had no agency other than to just shrivel up and die with a final hiss.  Confident that the danger was gone, she approached the charred spot on the ground and found the source of the distracting noise; a crossbow bolt, currently on fire.

"Who--" she began, turning around to ask her companions where this had come from and stopping when she noticed a suspicious lack of snark.  Where did he run off to? "Mori?"  He wasn't anywhere in sight, but she could only assume he was the cause of this.  How sneaky -- she could only hope that he had actually meant to create a distraction as opposed to trying to shoot one of them and missing or something.  

She waved towards herself, looking around and spotting another tunnel branching off of theirs to start exploring now that the immediate danger was quelled for the moment. "Everyone, we'd better keep moving. We don't have all day!"
Back to top Go down
pache

pache

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Galdin, travelers!   Welcome to Galdin, travelers! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2014 6:18 pm

Ezri wrote:

Thanks to Cecilia, Alisa had been pushed out of the danger zone.  She stayed close to the wall as Adelo and Sveta effectively lit probably every visible slime aflame, weakening them severely if not outright killing them.  The threat was nearly over already.  Honestly, she hadn't known what to expect from either of them, but after witnessing their skills Alisa was thoroughly impressed with her teammates.

Her attention was taken away from the main battle by a light skittering noise that stuck out from Adelo's madolin tune.  She watched the small group of remaining slimes ooze towards the sound, all burned and a few still burning but surprisingly stubborn.  Sensing an opportunity, she crept up on them slowly until she was close enough to get a decent shot and finally detached a flask from her belt, holding the cool glass bottle like a bomb.

"This should finish them off," Alisa mumbled before hurling the flask towards the monsters.  It landed in the middle of them ("Nice shot!" Alisa cheered silently to herself), the sound of broken glass followed by a small 'woosh' as the pool of liquid almost immediately burst into flame. In their weakened state the slimes had no agency other than to just shrivel up and die with a final hiss.  Confident that the danger was gone, she approached the charred spot on the ground and found the source of the distracting noise; a crossbow bolt, currently on fire.

"Who--" she began, turning around to ask her companions where this had come from and stopping when she noticed a suspicious lack of snark.  Where did he run off to? "Mori?"  He wasn't anywhere in sight, but she could only assume he was the cause of this.  How sneaky -- she could only hope that he had actually meant to create a distraction as opposed to trying to shoot one of them and missing or something.  

She waved towards herself, looking around and spotting another tunnel branching off of theirs to start exploring now that the immediate danger was quelled for the moment. "Everyone, we'd better keep moving. We don't have all day!"

That seemed to have finished them off! Whatever slime survived was already making a crawling retreat, and there was no point in chasing them.

"Great job," she exclaims cheerfully. Knowing full well that they're in a rush, Cecilia wastes no time to move forward, bidding her team to follow her, and she mindlessly chooses directions, hoping that they'll remember the path they go through and that they'll point it out if she's starting to lead them into a circle.

It doesn't take long before they face their next challenge, as a group of ratmen comes into view. Around four with shields, and two without weapons, but probably more dangerous. Familiar with ratmen tactics, Cecilia signals for them to stop walking as to not alert them, then looks silently to Mori. "There's probably an ambush group lying in wait; can you go find them?" she whispers softly, not too sure if he heard but confident that he could read her lips. Cecilia then nods at the rest, implying that they're with her. "Don't forget to watch your backs," she adds. With all that settled, the knight closes into the rats.

Cecilia sprints quickly, bashing her shield into one of the frontline ratmen's head then running her blade to its chest before they could react. Then swiftly pulling the weapon from the rat, dropping low to dodge an incoming swipe from a rusty sword and to cut that rat's hamstring. Following through, she bashes her shield onto the next rat, knocking it down as she faces the next one.

The two ratmen in the back start casting some sort of magic, but Cecilia has faith in her teammates to take care of them and the other two rats that she had brought down.

Last edited by pache on Fri May 30, 2014 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pingchow

Pingchow

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Galdin, travelers!   Welcome to Galdin, travelers! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 30, 2014 7:17 pm

Adelo, impressed by the other's performances, claps for his teammates before moving forward behind Cecil. They had all been so strong... He really got lucky this time. Not only that, but they all seemed like nice people! Well... besides the small dark one. He was sort of mean.

Adelo was keeping as close an eye out as he could... but those plants were just so beautiful. He hardly noticed the sneaking of monsters, or the sounds of battles happening in tunnels further away from them. The plants were just too inspiring... Perhaps his next project should be to translate a spell that has some effect on wildlife...

Before he had time to finish his thoughts, it appeared that they were engaged in another battle. "I suppose I shouldn't be surprised... But there are an awful lot of baddies down here, eh?" Adelo spun his mandolin and assumed the position. He noticed the Ratmen finish their casting and Adelo quickly played another song. "Mother Earth, lend me your joyous melody... Sepia Fanfare!" Usually, he would cast this spell as an act of offense, but Cecilia was in trouble. One of the Ratmen's spells shot towards her, but before it could hit, a large chunk of earth shot from the ground and blocked it from hitting her. Unfortunately for the bard, the other Ratman sent his spell straight for him. Adelo jerked back as the ice hit his shoulder, freezing it. The ice crept down from his shoulder to his elbow then stopped. He smiled through the pain, and looked back to the others.

"They will need some time to get their magic back together... Now is the time to strike your hardest!"
Back to top Go down
Paolo de Pazzi

Paolo de Pazzi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Galdin, travelers!   Welcome to Galdin, travelers! - Page 2 EmptySat May 31, 2014 5:46 pm

Once the team had regrouped from their encounter with slimes, and once Mori was sure no one had seen his crossbow before it had become his hand again, they were off once more, following Cecilia's footsteps. Mori had returned from his short scouting mission with a different attitude. As he caught up to the others, the thoughts rolled around in his head. Cecilia, the warrior, had a commanding presence and the wherewithal to withstand an initial burst of attacks. Sveta, the elf, possessed a divine magic, most likely from the same place that gave her that strange, supernatural voice. Alisa, the alchemist, held tonics to cure and kill for any situation. Adelo, the slacker, the bard, controlled destructive forces with the sound of music. They were proficient. Significantly more proficient than the assassin had given them all credit for. They were competent. More competent than some of the people he'd worked with before.

Sure, he didn't like any of them, but they were his best chance of survival.

Mori spotted the next group of enemies as fast as Cecilia did, and he stopped as she signaled. Ratmen. Vicious, underhanded, sniveling opportunists. And the few they saw couldn't be the only ones. There had to be more down the line. These were just the unlucky bastards who had to make up the first wave.

"...Hm. Fine."

Cecilia's order was met with a raised eyebrow before Mori nodded in acknowledgement. If it had been an order, he would have fought her about it. However, he agreed with her plan. As the rest of the group prepared to take on the first group of ratmen, Mori vanished into a side pathway. The narrow stretch of sewer led on for a minute or two, and opened up not too far from where the others were. The assassin leaned around the corner and spotted the ambush group. Six of them, all hidden behind old boxes or gatherings of pipes. All carrying close range weaponry. This would be too easy.

Mori went through the motions again to set up his weapon. With silent steps, he sneaked along the shadows, keeping his distance from the ambush. When at last he was prepared, he stood and set his stance, aimed for the first rat, and fired. The bolt sailed through the air, whispering silent curses, before sinking into the back of the skull of its target. The ratman jolted forward before landing on the ground, its body twitching.  As the group could turn around, he had fired a second time, and the bolt lodged itself into another rat's eye. That one flew backwards and slammed into a box before slumping over the edge of the cobblestone and into the dirty waters. The four remaining enemies angrily ran towards their assailant. Another bolt flew through the air, striking a rat in the throat. It fell to its back, blood gurgling, as the others charged forward. Mori fired one more bolt, and it landed between the ribs of its target, piercing its heart.

The last two had gotten too close to use the crossbow alone, and Mori pulled a dagger from his hip. With the blade jutting from the bottom of his left fist, the assassin held a fighting stance. The ratmen snarled as they approached, glass shank and short sword readied. They walked slowly and spread themselves apart, thinking they had the upper hand. The one at his left charged forward first, piercing the air with a sickening cry, as the other one followed suit. Once his target came close enough, Mori stepped to the right of the charge and spun on his heel, sinking his blade into the neck of the second rat. As the creature pawed weakly at his wrist, Mori turned his head and aimed his crossbow at the rat that was now behind him, firing one last shot into the roof of its open mouth. The bolt shattered through the bone and came to rest inside its skull, the point sticking ominously from the top of its head. The assassin yanked the dagger out of its fleshy prison, and blood spewed from the rat's artery. Both were dead before they hit the ground.

Satisfied with his display, he wiped the blood from his blade and returned it to its sheath. With a soft, mechanical clicking, his crossbow became his hand once more. Mori pulled the sleeve over his arm and leaned against the closest wall, knowing full well that the rest of the team would arrive soon.
Back to top Go down
bunnibelle

bunnibelle

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Galdin, travelers!   Welcome to Galdin, travelers! - Page 2 EmptySat May 31, 2014 6:54 pm

As the bolt of ice barreled toward Adelo, she tried to prepare a shield of some sort or something to block the blow, but it was far too late.

"H-Hey!!"

Adelo was surely in danger, but she found herself way too far away to help. Sveta focused for a moment, and began running towards him. As her pace quickened, something happened. The girl disappeared.

Blink
(Roll: 1d100 = 34 )

Seconds later, she reappeared. Two blinks later, she was right at Adelo's side, her hand ready to grab his collar and jerk him back from danger. She was forceful, but knew that she wasn't going to hurt him any further. Unfortunately, the ratman had closed in on Adelo for a touch spell, which Sveta was forced to take.

"Ghh!"

The rat's claws dug into her side as fractals of ice started spreading up her torso and all the way up to her right shoulder. Good thing she was left-handed. With the nails still piercing her side, she clenched her wand in her hand, readying a Flamestrike. Instead of throwing it as usual, the blueish flame remained on the end of her wand. Her shaking hand reached up and smashed it directly into the ratman's face, burning his eyes out and rendering him useless. Permanently. As the foe collapsed, it's claws dragged down her side and she couldn't stop a pained yelp from escaping her lips.

She still managed to stand. The cold didn't bother her, but the scratches down her side were extremely painful. Her anger was way more powerful than the pain, anyhow. She staggered closer to the last rat in the pack and grinned as she prepared another flame, throwing it directly into the creatures chest. In a matter of seconds, it's entire body was engulfed in flames.

After observing the massacre, the little lady cleared her throat and faced her party members. She tried not to grimace at the distinct taste of blood on her lips but definitely looked rather uncomfortable.

"Just a second."

A soft, warm light started to form in her hand and she brought it to her side. The wounds took a few seconds to close, and she immediately felt relieved other than a short burning sensation as her skin pulled back together.

(Roll: 1d100 = 82 + 15 = 97 )

Sveta frowned at the slashes in her clothes, checking them meticulously for...Something. When all seemed well, she regrouped with the rest of the party as they headed forwards. Eventually they regrouped with the cloaked jerkface and there was a short moment of peace.

"Before we move on, I need to take care of Adelo's wound. Let me know if you need any mending as well, got it? If you have an open cut, you could get an infection or parasites. This place is a sewer after all." After her lecture, she turned her attention directly to Adelo, sitting him down on the ground and examining the damage. Sveta rolled his sleeve up and started to prepare a spell.

"Relax for a second, alright? This is going to hurt a bit while the ice thaws, but it'll be worth it.

The same healing glow from before was in her hand, and slowly hovering over the ice, coaxing it to melt and bring the blood back to a somewhat regular temperature. Sveta moved his arm around gently, testing the stiffness and making sure it was as warmed as she could get it.

"Okay..You might be stiff for a little while, but you can use it now. After we're out of here, take some downtime for at least a day, got it?"

Sveta got back to her feet and looked at the rest of the team.

"Anyone else, or can we get this show on the road?"
Back to top Go down
Ezri
Admin
Ezri

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Galdin, travelers!   Welcome to Galdin, travelers! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 9:33 pm

"I-is everyone okay?"

The battle was over almost before it had begun, and Alisa felt a little bad that she hadn't been much help.  Thankfully they'd taken care of the ratmen  before anyone got seriously hurt, and even Adelo's injury didn't seem that bad after Sveta helped him.  Alisa stared at them discerningly for a moment, trying to determine if they were really alright; she couldn't find anything wrong with either and gave up with a sigh. Mori seemed fine as well -- it was obvious now that he was the one doing all the crossbow-ing, but he didn't seem to have one on him...

"Since this way was guarded we're probably going in the right direction." she told the others, although her conclusion was more of a guess than anything built on experience.  It made sense though, didn't it?  She stepped forward, ready to continue their journey, and stumbled over a dead ratman's foot. She yelped, catching herself on a wall and looking down at the corpses she'd nearly stepped on.  "Gross..!"

Ack, that wasn't very "adventurer" of her, was it..? Alisa reluctantly faced the others and then cleared her throat loudly, standing stiffly straight. "I-I mean, good job, Mori, thank you for taking them out.  Good job, team. L-let's keep going!" That said, she quickly turned back around and marched further into the labyrinth, wanting to put that behind her.  She soon forgot about it anyway, as the gravity of the situation started to set in again.  The tunnels seemed to get narrower and narrower as they moved forward, but Alisa wasn't sure if that was actually the case or if she was just imagining it.

They reached a wider tunnel, with a few paths branching off, but Alisa stopped in her tracks as a group slumped figures in the middle came into focus.  She pulled a bottle of acid off of her belt reflexively, but hesitated before she threw it.  Something seemed off about them.  She glanced back at her teammates uncertainly before moving a little closer to get a better view.  There were weapons scattered around the floor, and was that splattered blood...? As she saw the collapsed group of five bodies close up, she knew for certain that they weren't ratmen.  And they weren't moving, either.

Alisa's hand flew to cover her mouth and she took a shaky step backwards as she felt the blood draining out of her face. "No way..."
Back to top Go down
pache

pache

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Galdin, travelers!   Welcome to Galdin, travelers! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 10:44 pm

As they pass through the ambush group that Mori had thankfully taken care of, Cecilia finds herself impressed. They were all clean and quick kills, befitting of an assassin of high caliber. Briefly, Cecilia wonders if the ratmen believed in an honorable death in battle, and hopes that they find honor in whatever afterlife they believe in.

They keep walking through the sewers in search of their objective, until they notice another group of adventurers. Cecilia sighs remorsefully, and pats Alisa on the back before moving forward to check on the unmoving adventurers.

She kneels down to check the pulse of one that looks like a young mage. None. No breathing, either. It might be a waste of time, but Cecilia painstakingly goes through each one of them. She wouldn't have liked leaving them alone. After a while, she closes her eyes. A quick, softly muttered prayer to a god only she knew of.

"I'm sorry we can't bury you here," she whispers, "we're in a rush, too." Maybe I'll come back for them later, she silently adds for herself.

The knight lifts herself up. "I'm sorry," she smiles apologetically at her teammates, "shall we go?"

Last edited by pache on Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pingchow

Pingchow

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Galdin, travelers!   Welcome to Galdin, travelers! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 11:35 pm

Adelo tried to keep his smile while Sveta did all she could for his wound, but it was definitely tough... This wasn't the worst he had suffered however. Once the treatment was complete he rolled his arm at the shoulder to make sure he could move properly... Ah, just fine. A little stiff, but nothing he couldn't handle. He nodded to Sveta and said softly, "I appreciate your kindness, miss. You're quite skilled, hm?"

He had thought that things were going so well, but then they just had to stumbled upon... them. Adelo held his hat over his heart and closed his eyes. He said a prayer for the lost souls and placed his hat back atop his head. It was a shame that their adventure had to end this way... To think that Adelo hadn't been taking this so seriously... He couldn't help but feel ashamed.

It wasn't too far off from the room that they were in that Adelo spotted something... It appeared to be a large door with flower designs covering it in decoration. He looked around to see if the others saw what he saw and then approached... He could feel power emanating from something on the other side. Surely this was the end of the road... They had made it.

"Ah, friends? I believe we ought to take a look at this."
Back to top Go down
Paolo de Pazzi

Paolo de Pazzi

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Galdin, travelers!   Welcome to Galdin, travelers! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 12:26 am

Mori ignored the injuries that some of the others had sustained. They were minor and insignificant, and the elf could obviously fix them without difficulty. Again, they walked on, with the assassin at the rear of the pack. And again, they came across another distraction, and when he realized what exactly they were seeing, he was almost disappointed he wasn't the one to put that distraction there.

Corpses. Bodies that had once belonged to plucky, aspiring adventurers. Sons and daughters who hoped to cement their legacies as heroes by retrieving the Guild Crest and returning safely. Pathetic children who found their dreams crushed too soon. There would be no opulent tomb for them, no mourning procession or day of remembrance. All they had was the darkness of the Galdin Sewers. Here, they would rest until they rotted. Alisa stood frozen in shock while Cecilia and Adelo paid their respects to the deceased. Ignoring them, Mori moved past them and towards the dead.

"Looks like you bit off more than you could chew, huh? I guess none of you were cut out for this. At least with you all dead, I get to live a little bit longer.

With a stolid face, he collected the items around the bodies. A sword here, a shield there, the bow and arrows of one more. He pulled a staff from the hardening fingers of one of the bodies. The weapons, alone, he hid in a pile behind some boxes. With those gone, he returned to the fallen and rummaged through their packs. Coins and potions abounded. There were a few personal items within the bags as well, which were removed and discarded without a second thought. The assassin gathered the second haul in his own bag.

Before he could do a more thorough gathering, Adelo had called the team's attention to a large door. As he came closer, he could feel a strange aura from the other side. Already, Mori had a good feeling about it. Whatever was behind that door must have had the Guild Crest. It wouldn't be long before he killed whatever was in store for him.

"So, are we going to just stand around, or are we going to open this door?"
Back to top Go down
bunnibelle

bunnibelle

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Galdin, travelers!   Welcome to Galdin, travelers! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 9:42 pm

Sveta's eyes shared only but a glance with the glazed over corpses that lay before her. Circle of life, she supposed. She knew exactly what happened when you died, and knew that a prayer, or respect given...It really meant nothing to the dead.

While the rest of the group stopped to pay their respects (or loot), Sveta simply continued forward, probably against her better judgement. After the rest caught up, they found the door...

Glaring at the assassin's snarky comment, she put her hands on the door, preparing to push it open.

"Something's magical about this...Stay on your guard." She advised.

With a little more strain than it should have taken, she pushed the door open and revealed...An empty room. The sound of running water was relaxing, compared to the still echoes of the corridors. For a minute, she forgot she was in the sewers.

"What's this room for...?"

Sveta gripped her wand in both hands, ready to react if something decided to attack as she approached the pool of water in the middle of the room.
Back to top Go down
Ezri
Admin
Ezri

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Galdin, travelers!   Welcome to Galdin, travelers! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 06, 2014 8:22 pm

Everyone seemed to have their own way of dealing with the corpses.  Alisa decided that she didn't really want to dwell on it (although she did feel a little bad), and once she got a hold of herself she followed the others to the door.  It certainly had an ominous aura; like the rest of the sewers it was disarming in its beauty, but by now Alisa didn't trust a thing about this place.

They entered the next room, and the alchemist's uneasy feeling was only getting worse.  If it had some giant mutant ratman in it, at least that would have been straightforward.  But this room looked empty -- if there was some great enemy in here, it meant to catch them off guard.  Alisa gulped.

She reached for three vials, smaller and thinner than the ones she used for more offensive potions. "If anyone wants a boost, let me know." She held up one vial and narrowed her eyes at the orange-tinted liquid, keeping the other two variations in her other hand. A strength potion would probably help someone like Cecilia in pretty much every situation, but without knowing what they were up against she wasn't sure if her other concoctions would be necessary or not.  She'd be ready if they were, Alisa told herself, and her grip on the bottles tightened slightly.

Looking away from the glass, she finally noticed Sveta approaching the pool of water in the center of the room.  "Wait, what are you doing?! Don't just wander ahead by yourself!!" Alisa barked, taking a few steps forward herself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Galdin, travelers!   Welcome to Galdin, travelers! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Galdin, travelers!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galdin Guild :: The RP :: Quest/Plot-
Jump to: